What is subtle?¶
subtle is a tiling window manager with a rather uncommon approach of tiling: Per default there is no typical layout enforcement, windows are placed on a position (gravity) in a custom grid. The user can change the gravity of each window either directly per grabs or with rules defined by tags in the config.
- Builtin system tray
- Extendable panel (see sublets)
- Customizeable key/mouse actions (see grabs)
- Scriptable with Ruby (see rdoc and subtlext)
- Commandline client (see subtler)
- Window tagging
- EWMH / ICCCM / MWM / XDG compliant
- Xinerama / XRandR support
Where to start?¶
In case you want to help but don't know how, please help with some documentation and improve the wiki or make a donation. Patches, suggestions and open discussions are always welcome.
- Join #subtle on irc.freenode.org (IRC)
- Use the bugtracker
- Ask in the forum
- Drop a mail to unexist at dorfelite dot net
This code can be distributed under the terms of the GNU GPLv2. See the file COPYING for details.