What is subtle?¶
subtle is a tiling window manager with an uncommon approach of tiling: Per default there is no typical layout enforcement, windows are placed on a custom grid either directly by the user per grabs or according to rules defined by tags in the config.
- Builtin system tray
- Extendable panel (see sublets)
- Customizeable key/mouse actions (see grabs)
- Scriptable with Ruby (see rdoc)
- Window tagging
- EWMH / ICCCM / XDG compliant
- Xinerama / XRandr support
Where to start?¶
If you have problems, suggestions or just want to talk about subtle feel free to join #subtle on irc.freenode.org or drop a mail to unexist at dorfelite dot net.