= What is subtle?
subtle is a tiling window manager with a rather uncommon approach of tiling: Per default there is no typical layout enforcement, windows are placed on a position (gravity) in a custom grid. The user can change the gravity of each window either directly per grabs or with rules defined by tags in the config.
- Builtin system tray
- Extendable panel (see sublets)
- Customizeable key/mouse actions (see grabs)
- Scriptable with Ruby (see rdoc and subtlext)
- Commandline client (see subtler)
- Window tagging
- EWMH / ICCCM / XDG compliant
- Xinerama / XRandr support
In case you want to help but don't know how to code please help with some documentation and improve the wiki. Patches, suggestions and open discussions are always welcome.
- Join #subtle on irc.freenode.org (IRC)
- Use the bugtracker
- Ask in the forum
- Drop a mail to unexist at dorfelite dot net
== Read more